Elementary Math Education
The Gold Rush
Suppose someone gives you 3 bags, 2 of which contain fool's gold weighing
1 ounce per nugget and the third containing real gold weighing 1.1 ounce
per nugget. You are permitted 1 weighing to determine which is the bag
containing the real gold. How can it be done?
- Jerry Snyder-Baltimore MD
- Nick Baxter -Hillsborough, CA
- Sefy Kagarlitsky. Bat-Yam, Israel
- JP Gainza III. Lake Highland Prep School, Orlando, FL
- Theodore Merrill
- Morgana Abeer Williams, Molalla River Middle School, Mulino, OR
- Margaret Kwan. South Pasadena
- Jennifer Robelen. New Castle, DE
- ALIREZA DEWJI- VANCOUVER BC.
- Fatema Dewji- Vancouver B.C.