Perform experiment as follows:
2 Wooden blocks
light source -small beam flashlight
Data communication cable
- Place light probe securely on wooden block. Repeat procedure for the flashlight. Place blocks on the floor.
- Place the light probe facing the flashlight far enough apart for a person to jump between them.
- Align the light probe with the center of the light source. Have the light on to verify alignment.
- Make sure that the light probe is plugged into the CH1 port on the EA-100.
- To operate the EA-100 manually, use the following keystrokes.
a. Press[SHIFT][MODE] "Set-up"
b. Press [DATALOG] until "1 Sec" appears "Next" Press [DATALOG] several
times until the sample time you want
appears (1 Sec)
c. Press[TRIGGER] Chooses the 1 Sec as the time
d. Press[DATALOG] until "10" appears Press [DATALOG] several times until
the number of sample points you want
e. Press[TRIGGER] Chooses 10 as the number of samples
f. Press [DATALOG] until 1 appears "Next" Press [DATALOG] until you see
the time consideration you want. In this
case, the time will be collected as data.
g. Press[TRIGGER] Selects time consideration.
- The EA-100 display should show READY and that it is registering the amount of light from the flashlight. Alignment is CRITICAL.
- Have student stand between the light probe and the flashlight so that the EA-100 registers -LO- .
- As soon as the student presses TRIGGER, jumper should begin jumping (preferably 4 jumps during the allotted time).
- Sampling is completed when the EA-100 displays DONE.