Perform experiment as follows:
flashlight with adjustable beam capabilities (Ex. STREAMLIGHT,JR)
Data communication cable
- Connect the light probe into CH1 of the EA-100.
- Align the light probe with the center of the light source approximately 30cm apart. Turn on the flashlight to check alignment.
- To operate the EA-100 manually, use the following keystrokes
a. Press[SHIFT][MODE] "Set-up"
b.Press [DATALOG] until "5 Sec" appears "Next" Press [DATALOG] several
times until the sample time you want
appears (5 Sec)
c. Press[TRIGGER] Chooses the 5 Sec as the time
d. Press[DATALOG] until
"50" appears Press [DATALOG] several times until
the number of sample points you want
e. Press[TRIGGER] Chooses 50 as the number of samples
f. Press [DATALOG] until 1 appears "Next" Press [DATALOG] until you see
the time consideration you want. In this
case, the time will be collected as data.
g. Press[TRIGGER] Selects time consideration.
h. Press[TRIGGER] Begins sampling. This means to begin decreasing and increasing the amount of light of the flashlight.
- As soon as the student presses TRIGGER, begin changing the beam of light to Brightest - Dimmest - Brightest as many times as possible until the sampling is complete.
- Sampling is completed when the EA-100 displays DONE.