Professor and Graduate Program Coordinator
Department of Statistics
University of Central Florida
Computer Center II, 205
Orlando, FL 32816-2370
PHONE: (407) 823-2797
FAX: (407) 823-3930
Multivariate analysis. In particular, analysis of covariance and correlation matrices
and dimensionality reduction techniques such as principal components analysis.
- A multivariate one-way classification model with
Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 1984 (with John G. Saw).
- Optimal bounds for the distributions of some test criteria
for tests of dimensionality,
- Common principal component subspaces in two groups,
- Testing the equality of the smallest latent roots of a correlation matrix,
- Canonical mean projections and confidence regions in canonical
- A test for a specific principal component of a correlation matrix,
Journal of the American Statistical Association , 1991.
- Some tests for common principal component subspaces in several groups,
- Determining the dimensionality in sliced inverse regression,
Journal of the American Statistical Association, 1994.
- Asymptotics of eigenprojections of correlation matrices with some
applications in principal components, Biometrika, 1997.
- Matrix Analysis For Statistics, New York: Wiley,
- Partial common principal component subspaces,
- Weighted chi-squared tests for
partial common principal component subspaces,
- Kronecker product permutation matrices and their application to
moment matrices of the normal distribution,
Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 2003.
- Matrix Analysis For Statistics, 2nd edition, New York: Wiley,
- Testing for complete independence in high dimensions,
- A high dimensional test for the equality of the smallest eigenvalues
of a covariance matrix,
Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 2006.
- Some high dimensional tests for a one-way MANOVA,
Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 2007.
- On the likelihood ratio test for envelope models in multivariate
regression, Biometrika, 2013.
- Tests for Kronecker envelope models in multilinear principal components
analysis, Biometrika, 2014.
- B.S. Xavier University, 1977
- M.Stat. University of Florida, 1979
- Ph.D. University of Florida, 1981