Home Page & Email | || |
Borders, Edges, Liminality, Marginality
- Borders Project.
- Liminal Institute (artist's website)
- Power, Space, and Borders.
The lyricism of
may find inspiration
in the image
of the "outlaw,"
the great social nomad,
on the confines
of a docile,
- Liminal Space.
- Centre for Border Studies.
- Backhaus, Gary and John Murungi, eds. Tensional Landscapes: The Dynamics of Boundaries and Placements. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books, 2003.
- Benton, Michael. "Presenting Social Anxiety, Temporal Liminality, and Spatial Uncertainity, or, Just Another Day in the Life of “El Mexterminator” and “Cyber Vato”." http://www.criticalmethods.org/p130.mv.
- Broadhurst, Sue. "Liminal Aesthetics" http://www.brunel.ac.uk/depts/pfa/bstjournal/1no1/suebroadhurst.htm.
- Burgess, J. Peter. "European Borders: History Of Space/Space Of History." http://www.ctheory.net/text_file.asp?pick=55.
- Friedman, Robert S. Hawthorne's Romances: Social Drama and the Metaphor of Geometry. Taylor and Francis, 2000.
- Kolb, David. "Borders and Centers in an Age of Mobility." http://www.dkolb.org/arch.urb/kfkh.htm.
- Palmer, Richard. "The Liminality of Hermes and the Meaning of Hermeneutics". http://www.mac.edu/faculty/richardpalmer/liminality.html.
- Shepherd, Florence. Ecotone: Wayfaring on the Margins. SUNY Press, 1994.
- Starr, Harvey & G. Dale Thomas. "The Nature of Borders and Conflict: Revisiting Hypotheses on Territory and War." http://www.cla.sc.edu/poli/faculty/starr/Research/APSA01B.htm.
- Trubshaw, Bob. "The metaphors and rituals of place and time - an introduction to liminality or Why Christopher Robin wouldn't walk on the cracks." http://www.indigogroup.co.uk/edge/liminal.htm
Updated Aug. 2 2006
Page Location: http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~janzb/place/borders.htm