What does "Who Am I?" involve?
- What is the meaning of life?
- What (if anything) happens after death?
- Where do we come from?
- Did someone create us, or are we the result of natural causes?
- Do we (or should we) serve or follow anything?
- Are we a creation of society, or do we create society as individuals? Or is there another option?
- Do we have a nature or essence? If so, what is it? What must we have or be, to be who we are?
- Are we free, or are we determined, and if so, what determines us?
- What is the relationship between our originality or creativity, and our debt to the various influences we have?
- Is there anything that is uniquely me?
- What are we at our best (is there a way to judge success in being human)? What are we at our worst (is there a way we judge failure)? Are these related in any way?
- Do I have a soul?
- To what extent is race, sex, gender, and class relevant to who we are?
Related (But Not Identical) Terms: