Questions on Specific Sections of Brave New World
Chapters 1 - 3
- There's a reverence for science and technology in BNW. Describe some examples of this.
- What kind of economic system does BNW use? How is it reinforced through social controls?
- Why does Mustapha Mond think that the "traditional" institutions of society contribute to instability?
- Why is Shakespeare important on the Reservation for John?
- Mustapha Mond defends his world to the Savage. Outline the basic argument, and the Savage's objections.
- One of the fundamental claims that Mond makes is that happiness and truth are incompatible. Do you think he is correct about this?